Make Your Account
Signup for relevant jobs and profession advice from Uncubed, delivered straight to your inbox. You are able to unsubscribe whenever you want.
Sr. Item, Regulatory & Business Counsel
LendUp, Oakland, CA (temporarily remote)
Our objective would be to offer you aren’t a way to better health that is financial.
LendUp is just a economic technology startup located in Oakland centered on changing the subprime credit and financing area. We’re a Y-Combinator alum w12 that is(YC supported by prominent investors such as for example Bing Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, and Kapor Capital. Our item will be utilized in 7 states and we’ve seen press that is great into the Wall Street Journal, Financial circumstances, CNN, NBC, TechCrunch, Venturebeat, Inc, Wired, Bloomberg, Fortune, and Dow Jones, and others.
Exactly just What we’re doing:
At LendUp we have been for an objective to supply you aren’t a path to raised health that is financial. Huge numbers of people don’t have admission to quality credit. Their choices are usually unfair and limited, plus it’s very easy to be caught in a financial obligation period. This is basically the problem that is first attempt to re solve, through the use of our blended expertise in pc pc software, information technology, credit, and training, to the provided passion for economic health insurance and dignity.
Our core item, the LendUp Ladder, is an alternative solution to payday advances that transforms a trap into a chance to borrow at reduced prices and build credit. And each time, we come across our clients succeed. We’re building additional lending options that can help us further speed up our objective of supplying you aren’t a course to raised economic health.
The Sr. Product, Regulatory and Corporate Counsel will undoubtedly be accountable for doing work in close partnership with specific sections and get a get a get a cross functional groups to supply appropriate and guidance that is regulatory LendUp develops, implements and updates its products.
- Advise company lovers that are taking care of brand new and existing services and services and products from item development through launch, including compliance advising pertaining to such items
- Offer timely, succinct and business-focused legal counsel on federal and state customer banking and financing rules, including Regulation E, TILA and Regulation Z, MLA, ECOA, FCRA and UDAAP, and banking laws like BSA/AML, and data privacy and security laws and regulations.
- Advise the LendUp item group on item advertising, ads and disclosures.
- Offer advice that is regulatory LendUp’s commercial and federal government relations counsel to aid with negotiating commercial and bank agreements, and help legislative and policy issues.
- Offer regulatory advice and support to LendUp’s conformity group.
- Make use of banking institutions in developing cardholder agreements, disclosures as well as other product security
- Instruct and manage outside counsel, since necessary
- Manage LendUp’s state financing certification needs, including acquiring and licenses that are maintaining
- Construction and draft loan agreements for LendUp products
- Handle litigation and work issues, and any matter impacting an ongoing business, as required to offer the company
- A high-caliber that is proven experienced, solution-oriented and proactive lawyer with expertise in the financing area
- Deep experience analyzing and advising on many problems linked to the monetary solutions industry, with particular expertise on customer digital banking, individuals in different re payments systems, including issuer processors and system supervisors, sub-prime and installment loans, like the legislation, foibles pertaining to banking institutions and state certified
- Deep comprehension of Regulation E, Regulation Z, BSA/AML, TILA, ECOA, FCRA, MLA and state rules linked to lending
- Capability to balance working separately with little to no direction and working closely and collaboratively within a little team that is legal
- Capability to interface efficiently along with known quantities of the corporation (professional management, HR, company divisions, etc. ) and also to gain the trust and self- confidence of other people
- An enthusiastic feeling of ownership, and extremely adaptable to a fast-changing environment
- A solid company focus with practical danger understanding
Education and Experience
- JD and 8+ years of payday loans in Maryland expertise, including in-house that is practicing a fast paced FinTech startup business ( or perhaps in an comparable environment) for at the very least 36 months, with significant give attention to customer financing
- Preferred candidate could have experience employed in the re payments room, directly with regulators representing certified businesses, and negotiating and drafting complex economic solutions agreements
- Successful solution oriented and problem that is creative
- Capacity to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with effective resolution of conflicting priorities
- Exceptional oral and written interaction skills and power to work both in groups and individually
- Admitted to your CA circumstances club or subscribed in-house counsel with hawaii Bar of Ca
- Love of life
LendUp has all the stuff you’d anticipate from a mission-driven business, like a competitive income; very early phase equity; 100% company paid medical, dental and eyesight insurance coverage; ample vacation/sick leave policy; 401(k).
But right right here’s that which we really like about LendUp lifetime:
- We’re devoted to a diverse and inclusive tradition that spurs innovation and produces a significant and impactful work place
- Certainly one of our values is “different backgrounds, exact exact same objective. ” We’re passionate about diverse prospects and have now slack networks devoted to sets from mu
LendUp is A equal opportunity manager
We stretch equal job opportunities to qualified candidates and workers on a basis that is equal of a person’s age, competition, color, intercourse, faith, nationwide origin, impairment, intimate orientation, sex identification or phrase, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, hereditary disposition, or just about any other explanation protected for legal reasons.